Breast Augmentation | Round | Shaped Implants Seattle Bellevue Presented by Dr. Parikh MD Plastic Surgeon
Our Featured Video Experience for Dr. Rikesh Parikh's Breast Augmentation Procedure
Our Featured Breast Augmentation Testimonial for Dr. Rikesh Parikh
Click here to see our Breast Augmentation Video by Dr. Parikh
Breast Augmentation Implant Topics
The Beauty Advantage:
Just like these people you read about here, you can have these same positive changes in your life. Breast Augmentation with Implants can possibly help give you that edge and confidence which can ultimately get you what you want in life. Based on our experience we have witnessed these behavioural changes. Through specializing in this industry, we know how important it can be. It has given so many people certain advantages. This phenomenon has stood the test of time. It's just in our Nature.
Dr. Parikh, through observation you will find the nicest, highly skilled, and sociable Plastic Surgeon who specializes in Aesthetic|Cosmetic Face, Breast and Body Contouring Procedures. It is our goal to take care of you like family. We will spend as much time with you during your appointments to find out all of your thoughts and you will understand all the options available with the Pros and Cons. Ultimately, through our Team approach, we want you to feel as confident as possible about your treatment plan. Our office will do everything we can to help you every little step of the way...
More on Breast Implants | Augmentation:
Aesthetic Facial Body Plastic Surgery and Dr. Rikesh Parikh Present Breast Augmentation Surgery: Breast Implant Surgery is a procedure where breast implants or fat are used to augment and increase the size of your breasts. This can due to the following conditions: you are born with smaller or droopy breasts (congenitally based on your genetics) or due to aging, pregnancy, trauma, prior surgery, cancer, etc. Breast implants are either silicone or saline and come in two basic shapes; round or shaped (tear drop/anatomic). Breast implants can be placed either above your chest muscle or below the muscle. This will be discussed in more detail with our Plastic Surgeon Dr. Parikh during your consultation.
Breast augmentation can do the following:
Increase fullness and projection of your breasts; Give you a more balanced figure and hence enhancing your body's shape as a whole;
Breast Reconstruction through Breast Augmentation:
As mentioned previously, Breast Augmentation and Implants can be a procedure that can be used in the setting of trauma and for reconstructive purposes after cancer surgery, mastectomy, etc. Reconstructive Breast Augmentation can play big role in your recovery after breast cancer surgery. Click here to learn more about on our Breast Reconstruction Page.
Breast Implant Types - Round Implants vs Shaped Implants: There are 2 main types of breast implants based on shape.
- Round Implants: These are either saline or silicone (gel) filled and have less concern for malrotation or malposition in the pocket because they are round. They generally come in 3 types of projection (profile = which is the front to back measurement of the implant for the same base width);low, moderate and high profile. Round implants may have a shell that is either smooth or textured.
- Shaped (Anatomic) Implants: These implants do not have a round base. They are asymmetrically shaped where the height is different than the width. They general come in three heights; low, medium, and tall. They have a teardrop like shape where the lower part of the implant is more full. The silicone gel within the shell is more cohesive in nature (gummy bear) which keeps the upper part of the implant or upper pole from collapsing in the upright position. They also come saline filled or silicone gel filled and are all textured on the outer surface. Texturing has shown to decrease some risk of capsular contracture.
Am I a candidate for Breast Augmentation?:
In general breast augmentation can be for cosmetic purposes or reconstructive. If your breasts are normally shaped but small and you wish to have larger breasts you are likely a candidate. Another group of patients are those with congenitally asymmetric or abnormally shaped breast. Breast implants may improve symmetry and shape. If your breasts are sagging (ptotic) you may require a lifting procedure in addition to an implant. This will be discussed in detail with our Plastic Surgeon Dr. Parikh at the time of your consultation. We provide saline or silicone implants. Between 18 years of age and 22 The FDA recommends the use of saline implants for primary augmentation for cosmetic purposes. From 22 years of age onwards silicone gel is accepted by the FDA. If silicone implants are used the FDA recommends a MRI starting at 3 years postoperatively, then every 2 years thereafter to assess for implant integrity or rupture.
- Inframammary Incision (IMF): This is a 4-6 cm incision in the crease area underneath the breasts. This is the most common approach used and allows for optimal exposure of the pocket.
- Periareoloar Incision: This incision runs partially around the areolar border. This requires dissection through the glandular tissue of the breast to reach the appropriate plane either subglandular (above the muscle) or subpectoral (below the muscle). If the areolas are small, a larger sized implant may not be able to be placed safely through this approach.
- Transaxillary: A incision through the armpit (axilla) region. These scars are generally hidden from the breasts. However a scar is seen in the armpit area. It may be done as a blind technique or with the aid of a endoscope like device.
- Periumbilical (TUBA - transumbilical breast augmentation): The placement of a saline breast implant through a belly button (umbilicus). Advantage is no scar on the breast area, however its application is limited to saline implants, and if there is a need for revision surgery a separate incision must be performed. Usually an Inframammary approach will be used.
After breast augmentation we recommend that you do not get the incisions wet for up to 48 hours after surgery and activity is restricted. Swelling occurs after surgery and generally peaks around 72 hours after surgery. However, swelling may continue for a longer period of time. Breast augmentation is usually a same day surgery procedure where you will go home the same day.
How much does Breast Augmentation Cost (Breast Implant Surgery) cost?
The total cost of surgery usually includes 3 main components;
- Surgeon's fee
- Facility/Hospital fee and
- Anesthesia fees.
Price for procedures can vary based on many factors.
Click here for more information on Breast Implant Augmentation Costs | Prices.
Complications: Bleeding or Hematoma, Infection of the implant or incisions, Wound breakdown, Malrotation/Malposition, Bruising, Swelling, Rippling, Rupture, Capsular Contracture, Skin loss, Altered sensation of the breast.
Risks of the procedure are outlined above and will be discussed with you in detail at the time of your consultation. Our Plastic Surgeon Dr. Parikh encourages you to have questions ready and is always available to answer questions regarding your safety in terms of procedure and anesthetic risks.